Monday, July 28, 2008

deja vu - weren't we just here a few weeks ago?

Thing 1 came down with a fever on Friday night. Her fever broke the next day, but now she's feeling more miserable than before because she's very congested. Her nose stuffed up and runny making it difficult for her to sleep. Her chest is also congested making her cough horribly.

After dinner tonight, it's Thing 2 has a fever. She's now sleeping in one of the play pen in our room so that I could monitor her in the middle of the night. Thing 1 is alone in their room, coughing every now and then. They just both had the same symptoms 3 weeks ago!

I worry about the twins when they get sick because they always have wheezing. I think this comes with the territory of being preemies. When the little man was a baby, he was right there in our bed because we co-sleep. So even though I worried about him, I at least got sleep. But with the girls, it's difficult.

Last night I took Thing 1 to our bed because she's coughing and wheezing, but the minute I laid her on the bed she got excited. She crawled everywhere and climbed on , top of me and Daddy. She did this for 20 minutes until I finally gave up and put her back to her bed where she slept instantly! Today we're trying out the play pen idea next to the bed. So far it's working out. I haven't heard a peep from Thing 2.

Big brother is coughing too and having trouble getting a good night sleep. He woke up at 3 am and came to our bed, which irritated Daddy because it woke him up and he couldn't get back to sleep. He actually got mad at me as if I made the little boy sleep with us. Finally in his sleep hysterics, he stormed out of our room to the guess room to get some zzzzz's.

No comments: