Sunday, September 21, 2008

Soccer Time

It was a family affair yesterday at the Y. Thanks to Daddy, the little man was even better at Soccer. He can now steal the ball, whereas last week, he was unsure of what to do. He stole the ball a couple of times and headed to the right goal (yay!). Both Daddy and I were on the field to give some instructions. Daddy was behind him cheering him on, while I kept in front in his line of vision. I anticipated where he would be so that he could hear and see me. Unfortunately, this almost lead to some lasting embarassment. He stole the ball and headed to the goal. But the ball went 1 foot outside the goal. But since I was there, I almost kicked the ball in myself! Thank goodness to some last minute self-control, I didn't. Unfortunately, a couple of on the field saw it, including the coach. He came up to me and was laughing about it. I just had to laugh at myself. I think perhaps next week, I'll stay behind the little man.

Here is a short video. As you can imagine, I got overly excited when the little man stole the ball, I didn't get to take a video.



And here are some half-time fun pictures with Daddy.

Thing 1 was happy in the stroller, but Thing 2 could not be contained.

Half-time and tickle-time all in one.

No comments: