Monday, November 24, 2008

the nebulizers are out, it must be winter!

I took the twins to the Pediatric Allergist today for their 3 month follow up after they had their allergy test done. It just so happened that the girls are sick too. Thing 1 has been coughing nonstop at night, keeping her up and Thing 2 is not far behind her. It's funny to see grown people say, "Aww, twins. How cute!" and then 2 seconds later, they inch away when they hear them cough their lungs out.

The doctor has ordered them back on Albuterol, Palmicort, and to add to the mix, Atrovent. Their nasal swab also showed that they have sinus infection, so they are now on the dreaded Amoxicillin. (I dread what it does to their poop!) Oh yeah, and Nasonex. What baby likes things squirted up their noses?

Immediately, my mind started working out the math of time. How much time am I going to have in the day to rest if I were to be using the nebulizer on them every four hours? So I asked for another nebulizer machine. We have one from their bout of mild RSV last year, but I refused a second one. Why would we possibly need two of those? Shyah. So here were are today with 2.

Now we get to lug all the medicines off to Nana's and Papaw's.

Did I mention we were at the doctor's for 3 1/2 hours? No one seems to care about time in this place. Maybe because it's a university hospital? It was 3 hours that infringed on nap and lunch time. Hopefully those two get a good night sleep tonight, especially Thing 1. She hasn't slept through the night in the past 3 nights.

No comments: