Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2007 Review


The year 2007 was filled with one blessings after the other. What the hubby and I did to deserve such endless gifts, we would never know, but we are forever grateful.


The year started it out pretty rocky with the worry of going into preterm labor and not having any support system in place to take care of the little man, but everything fell into place with such great family. The hubby's parents were more than willing to put their lives on pause and help us out however they can - and they did. They were here during the hubby's major jaw operation and they were here in a moments notice when I went into labor early. We could never thank them enough for what they have done.

We are also thankful for my mother who came and helped us out for a month after the twins were born. Had it not been for her caring for Matty, I don't know if we would still be sane by now. Or maybe Matty would have ended up for auction on Ebay? if only for a second...

The girls were amazingly healthy and amazingly big for being 6 1/2 weeks early. There were definitely angels watching over them (my grandmother included). They continue to thrive and in no time, they will be ganging up on Big Bro for sure.

Matty did excellently this year. For someone who is hard to transition, he accepted pre-school like a pro. Daddy and I expected crying fits for a week, nothing like it remotely happened. He absolutely loves school. His speech has taken off and we are continually amazed (and shocked) at what he says.

The hubby's sleep apnea was finally addressed and now he is sleeping soundlessly. Yipee! He went through a lot with the latest surgery, and we are thankful that it's over. I'm also thankful that I do not need to worry about him stopping breathing in the middle of the night - though it took some getting used to not hearing a peep out of him the first few nights. I had to make sure he was breathing!

I am thankful for my health. My body did pretty well at keeping the twins in for a fairly long time. Thank goodness for Big Bro being big - he made sure that his sisters following him fit in there quite well.

The year 2007 made it quite clear to me the importance of family. When it was just the hubby and I, we were relatively reclusive, and it worked for us. But with the arrival of the twins, it was clear as day that no one could stand alone in this world. We all need each other.



Welcome 2008!



Katie and Big Bro

Jojo

No comments: